Help Animal Justice Defeat Canadian Ag Gag Laws. All Gifts Will Be Doubled up to $10,000!
On November 14, compassionate Canadians across the country are pledging to go silent for 24 hours to help the millions of animals whose suffering is hidden by ag gag laws.
Ag gag laws are “agricultural gag” laws that outlaw undercover exposés in farms, slaughterhouses, and transport. These dangerous laws aim to conceal widespread cruelty in the meat industry by making it illegal for whistleblowers to expose animal suffering at these facilities.
Since 2019, ag gag laws have been passed in Ontario and Alberta, and the animal agriculture industry is currently lobbying for ag gag laws in Manitoba, British Columbia, Quebec, and at the federal level.
Some ag gag laws go even further by making it difficult to uncover animal cruelty in fur farms, puppy mills, and labs.
Canada’s animal protection laws are so weak that there are no provincial or federal standards for how animals are treated on farms. The government doesn’t inspect animal conditions on farms, either. One of the only ways to reveal rampant cruelty in factory farms is through undercover exposés—which are now under threat due to ag gag laws.
But Animal Justice lawyers, along with dozens of legal experts across the country, believe that ag gag laws are unconstitutional and can be defeated in court.
And that’s exactly what we’re planning to do.
With your support, Animal Justice’s lawyers will sue in court to stop existing ag gag laws, and we’ll continue fighting to stop the spread of ag gag laws across the country.
#Voiceless4AnimalJustice is a three-week fundraising campaign to support Animal Justice’s vital work to defeat Canada’s ag gag laws. On November 14 (or another day of their choosing), participants will take a 24-hour vow of silence to raise awareness about the animals and whistleblowers whose voices are silenced by ag gag laws.
To learn more about Animal Justice’s life-saving work, watch our 2019 Year In Review video below.
Please make a special gift to support our mission to stop ag gag laws—the first $10,000 raised will be DOUBLED by a generous donor, or register today to join #Voiceless4AnimalJustice!
Web banner animal images by Jo-Anne McArthur/We Animals.
Animal Justice's 2019 Year In Review
- 1 Camille Labchuk $3,147.00 raised
- 2 Shannon Milling $2,055.25 raised
- 3 Lori Croonen $1,500.00 raised
- 4 Linda Bronfman $1,280.90 raised
- 5 Kimberly Carroll $1,166.25 raised
- 1 Animal Justice Staff $7,314.75 raised
- 2 EDGY VEG $1,784.63 raised
- 3 Club Silencio $1,112.80 raised
- 4 Animal Justice McGill $1,004.65 raised
- 5 Humans for Non-Humans $586.75 raised
Our Newest Participants
- Nicole Marchand $500.00 raised
- Accalia Robertson $100.00 raised
- Kaitlyn Mitchell $100.00 raised
- Scott Tinney $496.25 raised
- Sarah Box $0.00 raised
- Jenny McQueen $687.25 raised
- Nancy Robertson $105.00 raised
- Kimberly Carroll $1,166.25 raised
- Kate Laumann - Wallace $157.50 raised
- View More Recent Activity