Thank you for your willingness to step up and help! This event is an important fundraiser for ASK. Over the last thirteen years, it has raised $1.7 million to help kids with cancer here in our community. We're happy to report that, with this support, we have been able to develop and provide some of the best support programs for kids with cancer in the entire country.
The ASK 5K & Fun Walk is a pledge-based event and reaching our fundraising goal will depend on how successful our teams are in their effort to raise money. Set the bar high!
By collecting donations, YOU make the real difference in the lives of children with cancer and their families in Central Virginia. How can you do that? Check out the tools below to help you reach your goal!
Here are some ideas for raising team donations:
- Host a fundraising party or event. Many individuals and teams have had success partnering with an area business for a spirit night fundraiser. The following businesses host these types of fundraisers and might be willing to partner with you:
- Stella & Dot - Contact Christy Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-335-4620 to set up your fundraiser party!
- Thirty-One Things
- Lula Roe
- Sweet Frog - Contact Sarah Hyatt at email@example.com to set up a give-back night!
- Jason's Deli - https://www.jasonsdeli.com/about-us/community-partners-program
- Chick-fil-A - https://www.cfarestaurant.com/parhamroad/fundraising#
- Blaze Pizza - https://www.blazepizza.com/fundraising/
- Chipotle - https://community.chipotle.com
- CAVA - https://cava.com/contact/fundraisers
- Create a buddy system. Ask someone who can’t participate in the race to help you collect donations.
- Add it to your email signatures. Example: "Please consider making a donation to the ASK Childhood Cancer Foundation" with a link to your fundraising page.
- Suggest a friendly competition among your team members. Set weekly or monthly goals to beat and recognize team members who reach it first. Some ideas include:
- First team member to raise $xxx gets…
- Top fundraiser gets to pick the color of your team shirts.
- Whoever recruits the most members gets to pick where we go to lunch after the race.
- Schedule a team lunch or happy hour when they reach a milestone toward their overall goal.
- Give them frequent shout-outs on your social media and in your weekly team emails when they reach their goals.
- Ask your friends to contribute to your team instead of purchasing a gift for your birthday. Or use Valentine’s Day to run a special fundraising campaign for your team.
- Promote matching gifts! Use this link and share with your team to see what employers match: Matching Gifts Employer Search. Note, for matching gifts to be considered for awards and prize calculations, paperwork must be submitted by April 19th and you will need to contact Megan Angstadt at firstname.lastname@example.org.