About Strides for CJD
Strides for CJD is an annual walk/run to raise awareness of Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD), a rare neurodegenerative disease that has no treatment or cure. Through this event, anyone -- anywhere -- can pay tribute to their loved ones and raise funds for the CJD Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, to provide family support, medical education and research programs.
There are 23 Strides for CJD events taking place this year! If there is no Strides event near you, you can walk individually or as a small group in your community. Use these links to learn more about each event or go to the Locations page.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1:
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8:
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9:
Strides committees around the country include family members, friends, researchers, students ... what they share is their dedication to raising awareness, supporting families, and finding a cure for Prion Diseases.
The more volunteers we have at our Strides for CJD events nationwide, the bigger impact we can all make. Together.
We are looking for volunteers for each location to help with:
- Media Relations / Press Outreach
- Soliciting Sponsors and/or Gifts-in-Kind
- Collecting Items for or Assembling Silent Auction Baskets
- Helping Onsite -- With set-up, registration, clean-up, or other roles such as photography and organizing activities the day of the event
Volunteering will also bring you closer to a community of families who have been impacted by CJD.
If you are interested in volunteering for an event near you or starting your own event in your city, email email@example.com.
About The CJD Foundation
Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease is a rare, rapidly progessive neurodegenerative disease, one of several prion diseases caused by prion proteins that misfold in the brain. There is no treatment or cure and the disease is invariably fatal.
The mission of the Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Foundation is to support families affected by prion disease, raise awareness, and support medical education and research.
We carry out this mission through:
- Family support including a 7-day HelpLine, referrals, support groups, and teleconference speaker series
- Education and information for families, caregivers, medical professionals, and funeral professionals
- Advocacy with political representatives and public policy makers
- Annual Family Conference that brings together affected families and prion disease experts
- Family Workshops held around the country
- Collaboration with scientists, clinicians, medical centers, health authorities, professional organizations, and international patient associations
- Communication of current research and Foundation activities via newsletter, social media, emails, and family teleconferences
- Research grant program, with international awardees selected by our Scientific Advisory Committee
- 1 Bakersfield, CA $57,515.00 raised
- 2 Akron, OH $27,635.18 raised
- 3 Fairfax, VA $22,473.78 raised
- 4 Morris County, NJ $18,043.41 raised
- 5 Chicago Area, IL $16,675.60 raised
- 6 Individual or Small Group Run/Walk $13,227.50 raised
- 7 Auburn, CA $9,590.50 raised
- 8 Johnsonburg, PA $8,736.50 raised
- 9 Denver, CO $7,585.60 raised
- 10 Minneapolis Area, MN $7,046.50 raised
- 11 Seattle, WA $6,223.60 raised
- 12 Portland, OR $5,339.00 raised
- 13 Boston, MA $4,800.30 raised
- 14 Pittsburgh, PA $4,704.40 raised
- 15 Joppa, MD $4,703.90 raised
Spread Awareness of CJD for Strides for CJD
Share these images to your social media to share who you're striding to honor!