GRAB A LEASH AND JOIN US...ONLINE!
Help APS reach our goal of $74,000! We are taking Walk For The Animals fundraising efforts completely online just like last year. With your commitment to animal welfare and involvement with the Walk, APS can give Durham animals the second chance they deserve - to live the lives they have always imagined!
Stay connected with your community while still raising much needed contributions for the Durham animals in need. You can be a part of the Walk for the Animals by registering right now!
Secure your commemorative T-shirt by registering today and set up your online fundraising page.
Promote on social media to share your efforts easily with your friends and family. We know that this is a stressful time, and not everyone will be able to participate this year. But every bit of help will add up to meaningful support for the animals in need. Anything that you and your network can do for the animals this year will make a big difference!
Be a Part of the Walk on May 29th!
Let’s WALK together in spirit even though we won’t be gathering on Duke University’s campus as in past years. Just grab a leash and join hundreds of other participants for the biggest collective online celebration!
Post your photos and videos of your own Walk in your commemorative Walk For The Animals t-shirt on Saturday, May 29th between 10AM - 1PM, at a safe location of your choice.
Join us online on Saturday May 29th at 10AM for live updates, entertainment, raffles, and more! While we will be physically distanced, we will be socially connected to celebrate our collective success in raising funds and love and concern for animals in need - many of which have brought immense joy into our own lives.
We hope you'll join us!
How to get started with registering online:
Register to be a part of this awesome effort. All registered participants will get a commemorative T-shirt by mail. If you register early enough, we’ll get the t-shirt to you before the walk. But no matter when you register, you will get a T-shirt.
Create a TEAM and invite friends, family and colleagues to join you. It’s a fun way to get together online since we can’t in person.
Set a fundraising goal. Ask everyone if they are able to help out. Every bit counts to help the animals in need.
Promote your fundraising with your own story on your favorite social media channel. You can find APS of Durham on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Post lots of photos and videos to share with friends and get others excited during your fundraising efforts all along the way! Use #WalkWithMe2021, #DurhamAdopts and #AdoptedInDurham starting TODAY to join our effort.
Use our fundraising and social media guides for ideas for emails, logos, Facebook frame instructions and more information (found online CLICK HERE and in your registration email ).
Be sure to support our sponsoring businesses and vendors, especially during this time. Let them know you are grateful they care about Durham animals. Show them some love.
Together we can do this! Stay strong and healthy, Durham!
- 1 Mary A Purcell $3,355.00 raised
- 2 The Smith-Brady Pack $1,771.25 raised
- 3 Stacie White $1,763.75 raised
- 4 Pam Chatham $730.75 raised
- 5 Barbara Barron $629.00 raised
- 6 Anissa Litwin $552.50 raised
- 7 Ann Roberts $402.50 raised
- 8 Jocelyn Salada $340.00 raised
- 9 Matthew Lyle $297.50 raised
- 10 Mary Nettleton $291.25 raised
- 11 Sharon Campen $252.50 raised
- 12 Irena Caf $235.00 raised
- 13 Patty Croom $235.00 raised
- 14 Dena Verdesca $235.00 raised
- 15 James Smith $200.00 raised
- 16 Nancy Kent $190.00 raised
- 17 Joyce McKinney $187.50 raised
- 18 Sarah Shinners $185.00 raised
- 19 Carrie Wheeler $140.00 raised
- 20 David Majestic $135.00 raised
- 1 VolunTEAM $8,199.50 raised
- 2 Research Square Unleashed $3,278.75 raised
- 3 Friends 4 Ever $1,791.00 raised
- 4 Colony Park Animal Hospital $970.00 raised
- 5 SoDu Parents Posse Pets $479.25 raised
- 6 Treyburn Animal Lovers $475.00 raised
- 7 APS Alums Unite! $391.50 raised
- 8 Cat Buddies $231.25 raised
- 9 Kate's Critter Care $140.00 raised
- 10 FurryFamily $140.00 raised
- 11 APS Strut Your Mutt Staff $106.25 raised
- 12 For Paws $60.00 raised
- 13 Chipper's Hot Steppers $35.00 raised
- 14 Shiloh Animal Hospital $0.00 raised
- 15 Westside Animal Hospital $0.00 raised
- 16 Vet Dental Clinic NC $0.00 raised
- 17 Broadway Veterinary Hospital $0.00 raised
When you contribute to APS of Durham, you are impacting the lives of thousands of animals.
50 years of serving the Durham community
Grateful for you!
Thanks to All of our Sponsors
Animal Protection Society of Durham
APS of Durham is a leader in building lifelong bonds between people and animals through education, community outreach and providing care for animals in need. Established in 1970, APS is the only animal shelter in Durham County, and is an open admission shelter - we turn no animal away. Over the past few years, the number of animals that have entered our doors has gone down. Even so, there is an astonishing number of animals that are neglected, mistreated and abandoned every year - in fact, we take in more than 5,000 animals annually. However, fewer are entering the shelter than in the past. The reduction in animals entering the shelter is not by accident. By providing resources and information to adopters and pet owners through safety net programs, we are taking deliberate steps to reduce the numbers of animals that are surrendered or returned to the shelter.