Westside Food Bank's Hunger Walk Returns
It's time to lace up your running shoes! After two years of being virtual, the Westside Food Bank's 32nd Annual 5K Hunger Walk is now back in person!
You can join us on Oct. 16 at Santa Monica's Ocean View Park on 2701 Barnard Way along the Ocean Front Walk or virtually to help raise money.
We are trying to raise more than $125,000 during our event to help provide nutritious food to people in need in west Los Angeles County. Every $1 donated during the event will provide four meals for the community! You can also text "WSFBHUNGER" to 50155 to contribute to our overall goal.
The event is scheduled as follows:
12 p.m. - Registration and check-in begin
1 p.m. - Live entertainment, activities, games, Family Fun Zone, raffle and awards ceremony
2 p.m. - Walking starts!
3:30 p.m. - Beach Bash After-party (ticket purchase required for entry)
Our Hunger Walk will feature a live dance performance from The Pretenders Studio and an After-party following the event. Tickets to the Beach Bash After-party are available to purchase under the "Sponsorship Packages/After-party Ticket" tab on the toolbar. If you buy a ticket, you will be able to attend the celebration at Perry's Café. There you will be able to gather with fellow participants/WSFB staff and enjoy a meal!
We are also providing a virtual version of the walk for those who want to make a difference at their comfort level. Participants can specify in the registration form whether they'll be walking in person or virtually.
Virtual walkers will have multiple days to complete the Walk from Oct. 8 - Oct. 16. Those participating virtually can still make a team and fundraise — they'll just be doing it on their own time in their own neighborhood!
All walkers — in-person and virtual — will get a free T-shirt and swag bag for their participation in the Hunger Walk. Those who pick the virtual option will have set days/times to pick up their T-shirt and swag bag.
We encourage everyone to take photos and post them to #WSFBHungerWalk22 on any social media platform to get involved!
Westside Food Bank is an independent, non-governmental, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, providing food for more than 150,000 people in west Los Angeles County. Our nonprofit partners with more than 65 social service agency programs to distribute 4.75 million pounds of food each year. The 2020 and 2021 Hunger Walks combined provided nearly 813,000 meals to those living on the Westside.
- Log into your personal fundraising page/dashboard with your email and password
- Share and Fundraise
- Pick up your free T-shirt and swag bag on set dates (TBD)
- Time to walk!
- Take pictures and post them to #WSFBHungerWalk22 on any social media platform
- View More Recent Activity
Looking to Volunteer?
MUST FILL OUT A SEPARATE VOLUNTEER AND REGISTRATION FORM IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE HUNGER WALK
- Click the "Volunteer" tab on the toolbar
- Fill out one form per person
- Select the position(s) you're interested in under the "packages" section by selecting "1"
- Must be at least 12 years old to volunteer
32nd Annual 5K Hunger Walk Leaderboard
- 1 Barbara Whittenburg $850.00 raised
- 2 Russ Whittenburg $775.00 raised
- 3 Garret Navarro $650.00 raised
- 4 Tim Leavitt $600.00 raised
- 5 Clare Thomas $500.00 raised
- 6 St. Matthew's Fourth Grade $350.00 raised
- 7 Meg Linker-Estes $330.00 raised
- 8 Andrew Pollack $300.00 raised
- 9 Alex Milley $285.00 raised
- 10 Jeremy Rawitch $250.00 raised
- 1 St. Matthew's Fourth Grade Class $5,975.45 raised
- 2 Santa Monica First UMC $2,895.00 raised
- 3 Food Pantry LAX $1,775.00 raised
- 4 Team RAND $1,145.00 raised
- 5 The Pretenders Studio $1,130.00 raised
- 6 Westwood Hills UCC $675.00 raised
- 7 St. Bernard High School $650.00 raised
- 8 St. Monica Catholic Community $625.00 raised
- 9 Warner Avenue Elementary Walker’s $600.00 raised
- 10 Team Choo-Choo $300.00 raised