Join the Bikes Not Bombs Community on a Bike Ride for Social Change!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Governor's recent restrictions on outdoor gatherings, this year's Bike-A-Thon will be virtual! The Virtual Bike-A-Thon will take place September 12-20, 2020. Riders can select whether to ride one of the BNB routes according to their own schedule, ride another favorite route, or pedal a stationary bike at home. For the first time, BNB supporters anywhere on Earth can join in the 33rd annual Bike-A-Thon.
This has been such a challenging year for all of us. The Bike-A-Thon is Bikes Not Bombs' biggest fundraiser of the year, and this year we truly need your support more than ever.
We are offering tiered incentives for your fundraising, starting at $200:
|$400||Event T-shirt, BNB water bottle|
|$750||Event T-shirt, BNB water bottle, cycling cap|
|$1,500||Event T-shirt, BNB water bottle, cycling cap, and jersey|
If you decide to ride the 10, 30, 50, or 100 mile Bike-A-Thon routes (local/Boston), we will provide downloadable as well as printable maps (upon request). You can use the downloadable maps with a GPS computer, if you have one. The printable maps will include cue sheets with turn-by-turn directions.
We encourage riders to take photos and videos for BNB to share using the hashtags #BAT2020 and #BikeForSocialChange. We also encourage BAT riders to follow us on social media and tag BNB in their posts.
T-shirts will be available for pick up at the Bikes Not Bombs Hub (284 Amory Street in Jamaica Plain) beginning September 7.
We will offer free safety checks on BAT riders'bikes at the BNB Hub and Bike Shop on scheduled days the weeks of August 30 and September 7. We will post those dates shortly.
- 1 Jonathan McCurdy $7,795.55 raised
- 2 David Wean $3,357.50 raised
- 3 Jim Campen $3,305.00 raised
- 4 Stephen Greene $2,473.75 raised
- 5 Gordon Cooke $2,369.50 raised
- 6 Bill Callahan $2,219.25 raised
- 7 Chris Bauernfeind $1,618.75 raised
- 8 Laurel PS $1,500.00 raised
- 9 Maric Kramer $1,378.75 raised
- 10 Frank Richichi $1,355.00 raised
- 1 Boston Cyclist Union-$50K Team $11,920.30 raised
- 2 Team Grumbledore $2,118.50 raised
- 3 SabasouRIDERS $2,040.35 raised
- 4 Sharpest Tooles $1,775.50 raised
- 5 F COVID-19 $1,226.25 raised
- 6 Make Mine a Double $1,208.46 raised
- 7 pickles 'n laughs $1,124.75 raised
- 8 The DeMarreskins $852.00 raised
- 9 Rippers Cycling Club $805.00 raised
- 10 PowerShifters $689.40 raised
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- MA Martina Anderson $200.00 raised
- Joran Lawrence $50.00 raised
- GY Gabriel Ytterberg $0.00 raised
- MP Mabel Pence $177.50 raised
- J.D. Hale $250.00 raised
- JB Jean Beebe $200.00 raised
- Leila Skinner $383.50 raised
- Mags Eberhardt $84.00 raised
- Jim Gomez $200.00 raised
- JH Jay Husson $327.50 raised
- Somerville Bike Kitchen $500.00 raised
- MB Mark Burton $200.00 raised
- PR Pankaj Rupani $285.65 raised
- SO Scott Oran $400.00 raised
- NT Natalie Trapanick $0.00 raised
- KM Katelyn Mullikin $291.25 raised
- Eli Silverman $154.25 raised
- AA Ali Areskog $200.00 raised
- BB Brendan Bradley $200.00 raised
- Christopher Possinger $250.00 raised
Bike-a-Thon 2020 Training Routes
BNB BAT 2020 5 mile Training ride
- Recommended for families & beginners
- This ride is for families & beginning riders who want to avoid riding on the road as much as possible. Most of this route is on the S.W. Corridor Bike Path & on the paths in Franklin Park.
BNB BAT 2020 5 Mile Hill Training Loop
- This is a variation on a popular Jamaica Plain climbing loop. You can do this repetitively to develop your climbing legs.
BNB BAT 2020 10 Mile Training Ride (Practice Loop)
- This is the old 10 mile BAT ride that many hills and is great for a quick local ride to stretch your legs. If you do loops, each loop will have over 500 feet of climbing.
BNB BAT 2020 20 Mile Training Ride
- This route follows the current BAT route out of Jamaica Plain & follows the old BAT route into Dedham. You will then make a shortcut back into Needham, Newton, Brookline & Jamaica Plain
BNB BAT 2020 30 Mile Route
- Current 36.4 mile route for BAT 2020. Total of 1,800 feet of climbing